These twelve attributes are not just results or outcomes for people in recovery, but truly gifts from God. They show that recovery doesn’t merely provide escape from a destructive problem. It also points toward possibility of a new and exceptional life.
1. Hope—”We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love” (Romans 5:3-5, page 1437).
2. Power—”For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13, page 1526). “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline” (2 Timothy 1:7, page 1561).
3. Character—”But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (Galatians 5:22-23, page 1505).
4. Clarity—”Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity” (1 Corinthians 13:12, page 1472).
5. Security—”Fear of the Lordleads to life, bringing security and protection from harm” (Proverbs 19:23, page 807). “If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?” (Romans 8:31-32, page 1442).
6. Abundance—”And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19, page 1526).
7. Wisdom—“Fear of the Lordis the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good Judgment” (Proverbs 9:10, page 796). “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking” (James 1:5, page 1600).
8. Self-Control—“But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you” (Romans 8:9, page 1441). “But the Holy Spirit produces … self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23, page 1505).
9. Freedom—-“So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law” (Galatians 5:1, page 1504).
10. Happiness—”Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found” (Psalm 119:35, page 764). “The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing” (Proverbs 10:2, page 796).
11- Serenity—”I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love” (Romans 8:38, page 1442).
12. Peace—”I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14127, page 1366)
from Life Recovery Bible…..